Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #36368 |

All,

As we are growing as a club, and as we try to keep up with our annual club subscriptions, we are now in a position to introduce more ‘modern’ methods of payment rather than just cheque or cash. Club subs will be due on the 1st September, so it’s a good time to review the various methods of payment.

So, to this end, Steve Thomas, our treasurer, has now set up a method of tracking all sorts of varying payment methods, including, standing orders and direct internet payments.

The attached documents explain all, but a few other notes should be made prior to you looking at the documents below:

If you wish to setup a standing order, either by filling in a form or by internet banking, or make a one-off payment by internet banking, you’ll need to know your membership number in order for us to keep track.
    To get your number, please contact Ann – whose email is ann@weavervalleycc.org.uk, and you’ll then be able to proceed.

Please also note that it sometimes takes a few working days for a standing order to be setup, so please make sure that you setup a new standing order at least 3 days before you wish it to leave your account.

If you have any questions about the payment methods for subs, please contact any of us:

steve@weavervalleycc.org.uk
    ann@weavervalleycc.org.uk
    ady@weavervalleycc.org.uk

Cheers

[attachment=0:14z65bxt]Weaver Valley CC Subs Payment Form.pdf[/attachment:14z65bxt]
    [attachment=1:14z65bxt]Weaver Valley CC Subs Payment Form.docx[/attachment:14z65bxt]
    [attachment=2:14z65bxt]Weaver Valley CC New Standing Order Instruction.pdf[/attachment:14z65bxt]
    [attachment=3:14z65bxt]Weaver Valley CC New Standing Order Instruction.docx[/attachment:14z65bxt]

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #45008 |

As a further example of how to set up a standing order, here’s a screeshot from the First Direct banking site.

Once you’ve selected Payments and Transfers, and clicked Standing Orders, you’ll see a screen which lists your current standing orders and direct debits.
    You can select the option to set up a new standing order.
    Just select the account that you wish to use, then you can fill in the following screen as show in the attachment. Don’t forget to swap WV00666 for your membership number (available from Ann), and edit the membership fee accordingly.
    [attachment=0:eetog8w6]SOWVCC.jpg[/attachment:eetog8w6]

stevet
    Participant
    #45009 |

I’ve done my standing order. This will be a first for me, actually paying my subs on time and in the correct year of the membership!!!!

Steve

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #45010 |

Mine done too. 🙂

Jed
    Participant
    #45011 |

For regular and committed members, the idea of standing order or regular internet payment is a good idea. For new members and those not wishing to be tied, I think PayPal is a good idea. You may wish to add an extra 50p to cover their fees but it’s easy and popular.

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #45012 |

@Jed wrote:

For regular and committed members, the idea of standing order or regular internet payment is a good idea. For new members and those not wishing to be tied, I think PayPal is a good idea. You may wish to add an extra 50p to cover their fees but it’s easy and popular.

one off bank transfer is free 😀

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #45013 |

I’m In too 😀

Jed
    Participant
    #45014 |

andybeswick
    Participant
    #45015 |

Hi, could I make a one off single payment please by bank transfer for this year, even though we’re half way through it 😳

thanks Andy

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #45016 |

I’ve just updated the links to the standing order forms, so if anyone has had any problems with the forms, please try again using the links from the original post.
    Any problems, just let me know and I’ll jump straight on it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.