Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • AlanS
    Participant
    #35369 |

Time to rest before nextweek Long Dagfields (Flat ) Short Audlem (Flat)

AndyH
    Participant
    #39645 |

Great ride and great company as always. Nice to see some fresh faces. Despite ice in the shade the ride was a winter sunshine pleasure and some really good banter. Ride results:
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/150840623

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #39646 |

Great ride today, great company. I’ve written a lighthearted review at https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/dagfields-short-ride-19th-february-2012/

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #39647 |

Cracking write up Mr Wood!

AndyH
    Participant
    #39648 |

Yes, good one Woody!

Rich M
    Participant
    #39649 |

Great report Woody.

I think we have got a few takers for the Grupetto and Graham said he would start us off first, so we’ll need to be there early.

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #39650 |

@Rich M wrote:

Great report Woody.

I think we have got a few takers for the Grupetto and Graham said he would start us off first, so we’ll need to be there early.

Oh yes! Count me in for that!

AlanS
    Participant
    #39651 |

@Rich M wrote:

Great report Woody.

Good one Woody.
    Yes Richard how’s 07;45 moss farm sound for the autobus to Llanberis
    Alan S

kris
    Participant
    #39652 |

love the writeup woody! Elation, drama, catastrophe, bromance, it had it all!

kris
    Participant
    #39653 |

what’s a grupetto by the way?

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #39654 |

@kris wrote:

what’s a grupetto by the way?

The autobus, the bunch that comes in en masse after a particularly hard stage! Usually seen in big tour mountain stages when you see a bug bunch of sprinters come over the line just inside the elimination time!!

..or us, limping into Llanberis, after those who are already there, showered and in the bar..

😉

Rich M
    Participant
    #39655 |

@AlanS wrote:

Yes Richard how’s 07;45 moss farm sound for the autobus to Llanberis
    Alan S

I’ll set the alarm early! How many are likely to be interested?

nofear
    Participant
    #39656 |

Hi all,

Picking up from the thread that developed under the Dagfields forum entry, be careful as there seems to be a lot of talk about starting at 07:45 rather than 08:00. This Forum is not the place to change plans as Graham has put a lot of effort into organizing this and he has asked everyone to be at Moss Farm for 08:00 leaving at 08:15. Remember that not everybody uses this forum and I can see people turning up expecting to ride with the slower pace group and they will have missed the boat. We should stick with Grahams instructions and meet at 08:00 leaving at 08:15. If a group wants to go faster then they can leave slightly later than 08:15 as they will soon make up the difference in any case. The main reason for splitting the group up into chunks is to minimize the impact on other road users.

Also remember that we have a few support vehicles and they need to know who is doing what, hwere and when. Also Graham will be handing out route details and contact details and briefing everybody so just let him do it as planned rather than complicating things.

Cheers

Dave 🙂

AlanS
    Participant
    #39657 |

Your quite right Dave for the sake of 15mins earlier set off, 08:00 should be the time we ALL meet for a 08;15 getaway. ( we can get in the van for 15mins around Kinerton Ha Ha)
    ALAN S

Rich M
    Participant
    #39658 |

@AlanS wrote:

Your quite right Dave for the sake of 15mins earlier set off, 08:00 should be the time we ALL meet for a 08;15 getaway. ( we can get in the van for 15mins around Kinerton Ha Ha)
    ALAN S

Agreed, and I’m quite happy to set off at 8.15

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Calendar’ is closed to new topics and replies.