Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • AlanS
    Participant
    #35305 |

Long Blaze farm (Hilly) Short Tattenhall (Hilly)

kris
    Participant
    #39379 |

Temp in the negatives tomorrow. Icy. Ride still on to blaze?

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #39380 |

Great run to Prees today (as a change to the advertised). Fast run out, not so fast back (for me!!).

Hit the wall at 60 miles, then pedalled squares until Oulton Park where I departed through Delamere to home! Got second wind at Frodsham.

Thanks all for slowing up at the junctions and waiting for me to yo-yo back up!

Good fun. 83.1 miles in the bank. Lovely when it stops!! πŸ˜‰

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #39381 |

Amazing day to be out on the bike, and a good turnout considering the chilly and slippery start. On the short run we welcomed the return of Max and Jed in his Quest alongside the usual crew!

With Llanberis just over a month away, Al put together a lumpy route over to the Ice Cream Farm. We headed out towards Kingsley and into Frodsham, the incline up to the T-junction with the car garage as testing as always. Craig’s “poorly leg” however not causing too much of a problem as he accelerated away as if we were stood still! We then headed down and then left before tackling the Mersey View. A testing climb especially for those who set the pace early, forgetting that it ramps up again in the second half of the climb (and that person may have been yours truely) and finding themselves out the back!

Although struggling on the ascents in the Quest, Jed more than made up for it on the flat from Mouldsworth to the Ice Cream Farm. Gloating and looking at his watch as we rolled in!! πŸ˜†

We picked up Kevin Campbell at the Ice Cream Farm and the ride home was of good pace, going a different route than usual into Beeston before heading into Little Budworth. The obligatory smash through Whitegate followed, Alan Silver being the main instigator with a big attack on the sloping bend on Clay Lane.

I think we all rolled back into Northwich exhausted with tired legs, but it was a great day out on the bike. We only came across one piece of ice and by 11am it was fine with dry roads on the way home. Cheers to Al for the route and a special note to Martin who has a new job up in the Lake District! I imagine he may be leaving us soon when he moves house. I think he has a couple of weeks before the move, but I’m sure you’ll join me in wishing him the best!

Look forward to Eleanor’s long run report!

Eleanor
    Participant
    #39382 |

Sounds like a good ride Woody – those hills are horrible – and so sorry to hear Martin’s leaving us for the Lake District, Martin maybe you can invite us all up there for an away day ride – though I say that with some trepidation as there are no flat bits up there!
    We had an excellent ride – thanks Graham for a good route and keeping us all together – report on
    http://wvcccycleblog-runs.blogspot.com/2012/01/to-prees-and-back.html

Jed
    Participant
    #39383 |

An excellent report Woody, well done.

AndyH
    Participant
    #39384 |

I’d echo the sentiments in Woody’s report – great riding day under a wonderful winter sunshine sky.

Thanks as always to everyone.

Route here:
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/141970686

AndyH
    Participant
    #39385 |

Video of ride here:
    http://youtu.be/d-A_deqhDcs

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #39386 |

@AndyH wrote:

Video of ride here:
    http://youtu.be/d-A_deqhDcs

Nice vid Andy. What cam are you using?

AndyH
    Participant
    #39387 |

It’s a Panasonic TZ19 – does stills & vid.

Jed
    Participant
    #39388 |

Well done Andy, I enjoyed watching that.

kris
    Participant
    #39389 |

helmet cam’s coming out on my next club run πŸ™‚

You’ve started a trend now!

Woody2
    Participant
    #39390 |

Great video , thanks for posting Andy. Sorry I wasn’t there, looked a fantastic ride, but was worn out by Alan and Co on the Saturday training ride , cheers Nigel

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #39391 |

Hey who are those hunky pros at 2m 05 in?! 8)

Nice vid, need more of those! Need more pics too but I keep forgetting to take them πŸ™

Kris you taking yours to Llanberis?

kris
    Participant
    #39392 |

Yes, taking to Llanberis. Updated this year to a HD version πŸ™‚ 1080P@30FPS, or 720P@60FPS for those slo-mo shots of dylan flying off the front on the climbs, and also dylan sat at the top waiting for a lift in the van πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Calendar’ is closed to new topics and replies.