Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • johnk
    Participant
    #37135 |

Good evening chaps. A lovely evening for it. Fast times expected all round.

I’ve taken a few snaps which can be viewed here;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/95587762@N03/

See you all anon.

Jed
    Participant
    #47867 |

Excellent set of pictures.

nofear
    Participant
    #47868 |

Great pictures John. The camera doesn’t lie Craig. 😳

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #47869 |

Great pics john, I am sure you won’t mind me sharing them on FB too.

Tut tut tut Craig!

JimW
    Participant
    #47870 |

singled out are Lee’s 21:25 course record and Stu Ward’s 24:40 [previous was a 26:00 – an improvent of 80 seconds] but the best ride for me was from young Paddy Lucas, a 30:54 [previous was 32:32 – for an improvement of 98 seconds] Well done guys..

johnk
    Participant
    #47871 |

I assumed Craig had had a mechanical and Dave was towing him home. .

nofear
    Participant
    #47872 |

Classic alien photos in the results tab Ady! I think they are twins. 😆

johnk
    Participant
    #47873 |

The alien thing is true in other respects; you should have heard his alien roar coming along towards the finish. Seriously, i thought i’d done something wrong! Awesome time though eh?

Sydrim
    Participant
    #47874 |

I thoroughly enjoyed helping out at the club 10TT last night. I totally admire the level of commitment to the ‘test of truth’ and the performances from the first time riders (Patrick and Anthony) to the PB achievers and the super fast Lee. Standing alongside Ann at the finish, it was a great pleasure and a privilege to witness Lee come screaming past (both vocally and physically) it was a terrific moment. Well done to all, you have my fullest respect.
    Syd

leepursuit
    Participant
    #47875 |

Hi Guys,

I don’t log on as much as I should with all my other running around like a headless chicken but here a report on last night.

I was very very pleased with the time of 21:25. It shows that you can keep going quicker and quicker.

The difference for me – miles over the last two weeks I have done about 700km which for me is massive.

Speed sessions – I am using the cycle lane next to the wilmslow – alderley edge bypass – only used by a couple of people and I can tank it up and down there 10 times which is 3 miles each interval trying to hold 30 mph or over. Obviously you have to set you own targets but my point is

HOW MANY PEOPLE TRAIN ON THEIR TIME TRIAL BIKE when not doing a time trial. That is the key to getting quicker at time trials – practicing doing them on the road. It is nothing like turboing – I have done many many hours of turboing of what I think is time trial effort and I have only ever got near a couple of times.

So the race – It went well – a couple of things slowed me down – I borrowed a Kask helmet from Tony Booth (Thank you Tony) – and it wasn’t set up for my head so kept sliding in front of my eyes so every minute of 30 seconds had to take hand of tri bars and push the helmet up.

Also just before the downhill 1,5 miles from finish 5 cars 3 of which decided to turn left. Check my data from the garmin and had to ride at 19 mph for 20 seconds.

BUT all in all a brilliant ride and you probably heard my war cry as on my garmin it said I was doing 36 mph crossing the finish line at 1000 watts so every bit of energy out.

A big thank you to all the marshalls and timekeepers – without you all we wouldn’t be able to race. You are BRILLIANT.

So next steps for me – I have to get a 19 minute at the V718 course. I think I have the potential to do 18 minutes on there if there is no wind but who knows 19:50 would be amazing an would knock 40 seconds off my best from a couple of weeks ago.

So to everyone Keep those pedals turning and keep racing 😀 🙂 😀

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #47876 |

Cheers for the insight Lee. Would love for their to be a TT taking in the Wilmslow bypass. Beautiful tarmac but it will never happen.

Interesting to know you head out on your TT bike. I did that but thought I was being a dick so stopped. If it makes you do 21s on a shit course I’ll have to get back on it!

johnk
    Participant
    #47877 |

Hi Woody
    For sure you should do specific training on your TT bike, anyone that’s serious does. It’s great training for holding that position. Cancellara, Martin and Contador have all talked about hours out on a TT bike tool it hurts. You remember a could of years ago Wiggins out training on his TT bike and passing the riders on a club 10, Runcorn way I think it was.
    Get out there and do it. Just make sure you roar like an alien!

Jules
    Participant
    #47878 |

Woody,

Just don’t wear your aero helmet when practising. Or you will look like a d*** 😮

JimW
    Participant
    #47879 |

@Jules wrote:

Woody,

Just don’t wear your aero helmet when practising. Or you will look like a d*** 😮

or an alien

nofear
    Participant
    #47880 |

Hi Woody,

I use different bikes for different sessions but if I’m doing a tempo ride I always use either my TT bike or my old TT bike as they both have exactly the same position, I just change the wheels for racing. Wilko uses one bike for everything and is a big believer in not swapping around from bike to bike.

Incidentally there is a 10 course on the Alderley Edge by-pass, it was measured a few years back. To date no club has wanted to use it, probably because it crosses the Wilmslow to Alderley Edge roundabout and turns right to finish after the next roundabout. The first roundabout is very busy with crossing traffic during the day so the course could only really be used in the evening. Also there are pelican crossings on either side of the roundabout. I do agree that this course could be faster than current Cheshire 10 courses though, so why don’t you give it a go and provide some feeback. I’ll let you know where the start and finish lines are if you want to do a private time trial. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial’ is closed to new topics and replies.