Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Jules
    Participant
    #34849 |

I cannot see anything in the calendar. Can someone tell me when the WVCC Christmas Do is??

Thanks in advance Jules

Les Charnley
    Participant
    #37871 |

Well I had a good l.o.l ( this means laugh out loud, No not loads of Love). Oh I can rember Paul Lawson arranging a Christmas Dinner and a walk, or was it someone else, ah, There is also a wrinkly christmas dinner arranged by Terry, but I think that was in July because the candle factory or Ice Cream Farm was busy on the run up to December. If all else fails have a drink up the club room on the last Monday before Xmas, but sorry no dancing. Yours in sport, Les Charnley, Weaver Valley social Event Secretary .

Jules
    Participant
    #37872 |

Thanks Les,

But I’m sure someone mentioned a do at Christmas, on one of the sunday runs. It’s a shame the club doesn’t organise one.

kris
    Participant
    #37873 |

As long as it’s after 17th, I’d be quite happy with a few beers in the club…to start…and a few more in town…and a curry:)

Jules
    Participant
    #37874 |

We can always organise one of our own.

Claire.O
    #37875 |

The Wrinklies Christmas Lunch is at the Church Minshall/Nantwich Acqueduct Cafe at Nanney’s Lock on Wed 15th Dec. It is a ride there and back event, starting at 10.00 at Hatchmere. Please let Terry Veal know in advance if you are going to attend.

The main Christmas Dinner is on a Saturday night sometime after Christmas. It is usually at the Winnington Rec. It is a proper sit-down ‘do’ with a presentation and speeches. Sarah Storey will be guest speaker this year.

Both of these are great social events, which I really look forward to!

Claire

Jules
    Participant
    #37876 |

Better info than from the social sec ๐Ÿ˜‰

Only joking Les

kris
    Participant
    #37877 |

I like black tie do’s. Christmas is the one time of the year I get to wear a suit ๐Ÿ™‚

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #37878 |

Nice one on Sarah Storey, be a good one that! ๐Ÿ˜€

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #37879 |

@kris wrote:

I like black tie do’s. Christmas is the one time of the year I get to wear a suit ๐Ÿ™‚

You developer types…

I have a major problem with the EDI development team being able to dress themselves, never mind wearing office attire…

Haha

๐Ÿ˜‰

Les Charnley
    Participant
    #37880 |

Further to the recent comments made in relation to social festive events in this section of the Forum on the run up to Christmas, I would like to make the following Comments / Clarification to fully crystallize the position as many of you appear to be completly un-aware, of what you may be letting yourselves into and the nature of events put on for your enjoyment. The first point is the Wrinkly christmas get together that has been mentioned. Well this is a mid week event for people who do not work and in my opinion are dragging the country down. If you think you have the conscience to take time off work when the country is in such a mess you should be locked up. Also its the wrinkly dinner, for wrinklies, I for one would never consider myself to be one of the above, as I am a very smooth 59 year old, If you did succumb and found your self there, you can look forward to stories of ration books, 3 speed Sturmey Archer gears and everthing else that happen 60 years ago, being found there and the loss of street cred does not bear thinking about. The second point in the Club Dinner and prize presentation, this is as far away from Christmas as you can get ( its on 5th. February 2011) yes and is held at Winnington. If you did want to attend in a bow tie and look like Batmans arch Rival the Penguin by all means do so, it would make it worth while going just to have a good laugh. I for one will be waring my best lycra.

Claire.O
    #37881 |

Thank you for that, Les! I am a Wrinklie! 8) I should clarify for the newbies that at the Christmas dinner, people wear djs, lounge suits and some even wear jeans. NOT lycra!!

Jules
    Participant
    #37882 |

Well it is Winnington Rec ๐Ÿ˜†

Les Charnley
    Participant
    #37883 |

Further to this debate on Christmas do’s and festive fun ( Humbug) I have just remembered that Rob Dacey organised a Christmas Quiz night up the club room about 2 weeks before Christmas. We split into groups of about 4 and the group with the most correct answers won a prize ( Yes I know thats the usual way things are won) The quiz was in about 3 sections, cycling, general knowledge and picture recognition. I also remember the club paid for a buffet afterwards. So if anyone wants to volunteer to put together about 40 questions and 10 pictures and get everyone together for say Monday 13th. December, then off we go. I may even be tempted to put this together myself, having a Hi-di-hi O level. Lets have some feed back for one and all. Les Charnley (Christmas Party Organizer Delegate to the Cycling Industry)

kris
    Participant
    #37884 |

Any time after the 17th december, and I’m there. Before then, I’ll be too busy drinking mojito’s on the beaches of sunny Mexico.

Or maybe trying to evade the drug barons civil war…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Social’ is closed to new topics and replies.