Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Jules
    Participant
    #35045 |

These events are full and they are no longer taking any more entries. This info has been posted on the TLI website today.

I sent my entry off on Monday so hopefully got in 😯

Jules
    Participant
    #38650 |

Didn’t get in 😥

Alan Kemp
    Participant
    #38651 |

@Jules wrote:

Didn’t get in 😥

Jules , most races are fully subscribed well before the official closing date for entries. Race organisers only have limited places available and that number has to include riders in each age category so the number of riders in each category is quite small. Try and enter about six weeks in advance.
    The Macclesfield Wheelers TLI evening race is on in about a month and is always a good race Why not give the organiser a ring ( see TLI website or handbook) ask if spaces are available and if so get an entry in quick.Also a TLI race is the Seamons rr in June, another good evening race. Again get an entry in soon.
    Oulton Park races you can enter in advance or pay a bit extra on the night but i do not think there is any restriction on numbers. There are also TLI races on Darley Moor and Seighford near Stafford which you can , I think just turn up for .
    Good luck .
    Alan.

Jules
    Participant
    #38652 |

Thanks Alan.

Will make some calls

Eleanor
    Participant
    #38653 |

Hello folks – a report on tonight’s race, if you’re interested, on http://wvcccycleblog-runs.blogspot.com/2011/05/tli-races-at-lower-withington-to-ride.html

Just looking at Jules and Alan’s thread above – I gather the organisers are disappointed because several pre-booked riders haven’t been turning up, I’m not sure but that might mean they’ll accept entries on the line – probably worth e mailing them (details on TLI website) in advance though – Martin Whyard and Mark Thompson are both WVCC members and TLI organisers so they’d be good peope to contact if you’re interested in riding. They do expect you to marshal one race if you’re going to ride though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Road Racing’ is closed to new topics and replies.