Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Andy Wood
    Participant
    #35201 |

One to put in the diary! Be good to have a group taking part like last year.

Jules
    Participant
    #39124 |

Won’t be doing that again, unless they promise to have sorted the start and finish. It was a joke this year!!

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #39125 |

Rrrr it wasn’t that bad Julesy, disappointing sure but it was a good day on the bike all the same! I’m sure I’ll be seeing you there at 7am B&Q car park again!

Carol
    Participant
    #39126 |

Dan and I will be doing it again, we really enjoyed it!! We’ll just rock up really early and be first in the queue ha ha !! 😆

Les Charnley
    Participant
    #39127 |

Crying Out Load, get a life, why enter this two pot over priced event that use the same roads that you ride neally every week, use your money to ride something worth while and on different roads for a change. I was thinking of arranging a sportive on a five mile cheshire circuit around the ice cream farm, charging £150 entry and would think I would get hundreds of enteries, (mostly from Weaver Valley Members) smacks of ” just like sheep” to me. Les Charnley (rip off Sportive organiser) linked to Cheshire Cat.

Jules
    Participant
    #39128 |

well said Les 🙂

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #39129 |

Shall I put your name down Les? 😆

Whilst you are here, how is the preparation going for this Christmas’ quiz? Really enjoyed your last one!

kris
    Participant
    #39130 |

Won’t be doing this either.

PaulL
    Participant
    #39131 |

I’ll expect you all to ride the Ron Sant Ride on Easter Sunday instead. For hardly any money I can make you wait in a car park for hours, throw hot tea at you and spit at the mention of a timing chip!

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #39132 |

Your Ron Sant ride was ace, that was a really, really good day out on the bike. Hope it returns in 2012!

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #39133 |

Entries for this open on 1st November at 12pm.

Route for this year includes both Mow Cop AND new for 2012…Gun Hill!

First 1,000 entrants entering “thecat2012” get 25% off too.

nofear
    Participant
    #39134 |

I’m with Les on this one (mainly because I can also be also a grumpy old git at times)! I recon it’s called the Cheshire Cat to reflect the expession on the face of the organizer when he counts the entry fees. Having said that if it gets bums on bikes it can only be a good thing for the future of cycling, so long as we don’t pi55 off too many motorists and cause them to be even more hateful of cyclists than they already are!

P.S. Great picture Les, really shows off your six pack. 🙂

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #39135 |

Don’t forget entries open at 12 today. I know Les will be sat waiting online!

Les Charnley
    Participant
    #39136 |

Yes I sure will be, I have my Vo-Do doll already to stick the pins in, why don’t you have a go at a MANS event, like the Etape La Dales in May, don’t take my word for it ask Richard Monroe he will vouch for it. Les ( cheshire Cat Hater) Charnley

Rich M
    Participant
    #39137 |

I can certainly vouch for the Etape du Dales – one of the hardest sportives in the UK. Probably not the one to start with though as there is no short route option, other than a bale out and short cut back to HQ

The Dragon Ride is probably a better one to start with as there are several options and it is not as hard as the ETD. It also goes through some spectacular countryside

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Calendar’ is closed to new topics and replies.