Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • kris
    Participant
    #35853 |

Any news on whether we are going to join the CDNW as an affiliated club?

Jules
    Participant
    #42385 |

I’ve been looking into this at the mo. Waiting for a reply back.

Jules
    Participant
    #42386 |

Kris,

I’ve got some information back from CDNW and will be taking it back to the next committee meeting.

Watch this space.

kris
    Participant
    #42387 |

woohoo!

Jules
    Participant
    #42388 |

This doesn’t mean we will though 😉

johnk
    Participant
    #42389 |

Hi Kris,
    I’ll ride them if you will. The CDNW races tend to be a step up from the TLI ones, particularly the ones in the north.

Jules
    Participant
    #42390 |

I’ll be racing in them as well.

kris
    Participant
    #42391 |

To be honest, from the limited racing I have done in both, I prefer BC racing. The longer distances seem to result in a less manic atmosphere in the bunch – a little more organised, rather than constant jostling for position and attacking after every corner…

NickR
    Participant
    #42392 |

I too prefer the BC races. If you join CDNW I will be interested in racing.

Dane
    Participant
    #42393 |

It would be great if we could get a few of us in the CDNW races. I am planning to race some of them next year, am I right in thinking they are £25 a pop though 😯

They do fill up fast, so in order for us to get in them, we need to be on the ball. Also, you need to volunteer to marshall before you ride (I’m sure you know all this).

There are some cracking hillier ones further north for Kris too.

Failing that I will be looking at doing bigger, ‘one-off’ races (like the John Boote etc) and am prepared to travel a bit for them, if anyone else is up for that, that would be great.

Alan Kemp
    Participant
    #42394 |

Welcome to the club Dane. It will be great to see you race in Weaver Valley colours and with you , Kris and Nick R you could have a great team .

If anyone aged 40 upwards fancies LVRC racing, which does involve some travelling , then please let me know so we can share lifts etc.
    Alan

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #42395 |

I believe the vote was to join CDNW at last meeting. In regards to entry fee Dane, all depends on who is organising and what costs they have to pay out. Some are £15, some are £20 some are more.

kris
    Participant
    #42396 |

I am aiming for 2nd Cat this coming season, so I will be doing a fair few races. Not a huge amount, but at least one a fortnight along with TLI’s.

More than happy to share lifts (planning on getting a roof rack with space for 2 bikes).

I think, once the race schedule is released, we arrange to meet up at a pub somewhere and agree between us the ones to enter.

And yes, you really have to get your entries in early.

What do you think?

Pub, race schedule, laptop, cheque book, stack of envelopes, pen, license, beer.

We can do the TLI’s while we are at it…

Dane
    Participant
    #42397 |

That sounds like a plan, Kris.

I missed out on a good few races last year because of them being full so early.

So yes it is imperative to get the entries in early and plan ahead.

There are a good number of races in West Yorkshire that may be worth looking at, in pratice they are quicker to travel to than some of the further north CDNWs.

Anyway, a good study of the BC website is in order.

Also, I’m looking at riding 3-4 mountain Time Trials in the early season, so you may also be interested in them. If we can get a few of us out, there may be scope for a team prize or 2!?

Dane

Dane
    Participant
    #42398 |

Maybe we could meet before the xmas quiz? I will be in Northwich then and will be over early as I’ll come straight from work.

Dane

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Road Racing’ is closed to new topics and replies.