Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Alan Kemp
    Participant
    #37117 |

5 laps of a circuit at Newton Longville , Bucks.

Retained my British Cycling Masters title today . A total of 54 miles on an undulating circuit though with nothing very severe to overcome apart from plenty of rain for a lot of the race and very strong winds , plus
    some very aggressive riding .

3 age groups set off as one bunch with a title at stake for each age group . My priority first and foremost was the title and so I kept very vigilant throughout the race to keep track of the riders in every
    attack and breakaway and did what was required to keep control of my
    opponents in my age band .

Very big threat was Alan Forrester from Rhyl who was incredibly strong throughout and also Don Parry from Northampton who is always super fast and in the action . Though speeds were over 40 mph in places the drags and wet was taking it`s toll on the field with several abandons .

Breaks came and went but it came to a depleted bunch finish for my age group and older . Last kilometre on a gradual slope and dead straight , my kind of finish ! I took the lead after coming of Geoff Wiles`s
    wheel ( Ex top international and former British Pro champion) to take the lead at 200 meters to go and crossed the line first .

1st Alan Kemp Weaver Valley CC,
    2nd Alan Forrester , Rhyl CC ,
    3rd Bill Macmillan , Glasgow Wheelers .

Over 400 riders competing for different age groups over the weekend . A great promotion once again by Wayne Thomas from Henley !

Jed
    Participant
    #47798 |

Well done Alan.

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #47799 |

Top report Kempy. Really well done!!

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #47800 |

Well done Alan, great report too

nofear
    Participant
    #47801 |

Awsom dude! …. sorry just spent a weekend at our Jack’s slackline festival so still chilled out. 😎 Clearly you are enjoying your “quiet year” with a second national Championship win. Keep on winning. 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Road Racing’ is closed to new topics and replies.