Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Eleanor
    Participant
    #37217 |

Hi folks, the Weaver Valley Autumn RR on Sunday October 11th is going ahead, with a full field (and some WVCC riders in action), guaranteed good weather (!) and a new amended/longer course, kindly created by Graham Gregory (in response to Cheshire Police’s request that all road races should have laps of a minimum of 10 miles).

The course HQ is Wincham Community Centre as usual, and the race starts at 10, with the HQ opening at 8.30, and marshals asked to arrive at 9.

Our club is renowned throughout the region for the races we promote, and these depend entirely on the support of members to marshal. You are always brilliant at signing up for this one, and this year we’ll need more of you than ever because of the longer lap.

Garry Brown is organising the course and marshals for us this year, so please can you indicate your support here, or e mail him direct on garry@brownstyres.co.uk

Colin Carthy
    Participant
    #48039 |

Hi Garry,

Tried to email you but seems like I am not on your list.

Happy to marshall.

Colin

Jamie
    Participant
    #48040 |

Im not 100% sure but can you pencil me in as I doint think I’m away that weekend.

Stu Ward
    Participant
    #48041 |

Gary

Happy to help as required.

Stu

Jules
    Participant
    #48042 |

Titch, John Hassell and Alex Chaffey-Green have volunteered on Facebook 🙂

Eleanor
    Participant
    #48043 |

Well twas a brilliant race this morning, with constant thwarted efforts from riders to break away, and the final successful break of four making it on the penultimate lap, with Craig Steele from Lakes RC clear at the line, and Tony Workman from Lancs RC in second. The bunch then came charging up from behind with our four WVCC riders well placed, led in by Mark Astles back in club colours, and Tony Booth, Kev Underhill (did you know he was the oldest man in the race?!) and Jim Duffy close behind, I’m not sure in what order.

A massive thank you to everyone involved in helping today – a huge and impressive turnout from WVCC. I received lots of compliments from riders about the organisation of the event, and the fact that they felt well protected out on the road. So whatever you did to help, whether clearing thorns this morning, marshalling, helping at HQ, putting signs out, or the 101 jobs that need doing to make a race happen, THANK YOU!! I’m only too conscious that this involves everyone giving up their Sunday morning ride (on what was a beautiful Autumn morning) and it’s hugely appreciated by the riders.

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #48044 |

Great even Els, plus Kev in the super demonstique status as usual. 🙂

ady
    Keymaster
    #48045 |

I’ve told El there should have been a team prize – we would have won with great packing!
    Mark Astles 11th, me 15th, Tony Booth 16th and Jim Duffy 17th. Not bad out of a field of 50. Perhaps we should have a racing team next year as El suggests in her blog and do some more BC races.

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #48046 |

It’s about time you pulled rank Kev, all these super domestique duties need to get a financial reward from somewhere 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Road Racing’ is closed to new topics and replies.