Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • nofear
    Participant
    #37148 |

In 1956 Ray Booty became the first person in history to beat the magic 4 hour barrier for 100 miles, thus averaging 25 mph average. It was compared at the time to Roger bannister’s first ever sub-4 minute mile.

I just heard that on the day of my 100 on Cheshire, on a fast course in Teesside the 100 mile record smashed through a new barrier that I never thought I would see in my life time. 10 times British Best All Round Kevin Dawson held the record with a fantastic 3:22:45 set 12 years ago when he was at his very best. On Sunday 5th July Richard Bideau of Pendle Forest CC averaged over 30 mph recording a 3:18:54!!!! 😮 😮 😮 This knocked a whopping 4 minutes off the previous record.

Just to make an unbelievable ride even more outstanding, he rode a 25 at Etwall the day before and recorded a 47 minute ride, taking second place behind Matt Bottrill. Now that is what you call good recovery!

So next time you are coasting downhill at 30 mph, just imagine doing that speed on the flat for 100 miles.

Ta

Dave

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #47917 |

Unbelievable!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial’ is closed to new topics and replies.