Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Eleanor
    Participant
    #35141 |

Good racing this week. Jules rode in the young ‘uns race and seemed comfortable, finishing in the bunch – clearly holding back his sprint finish for Oulton Park next week. Nick, Alan, Ewart and Mark Thomson were all in action in the over 50s, with Alan putting in constant efforts on the front and Ewart and Nick both trying their luck at various stage. Mark was riding well till he got pushed into a hedge on the end of the last lap – not quite sure what happened but he seemed fine – I think there were a few of them trying to get out of the way of a car coming in the opposite direction. Alan won his age group with a strong sprint finish. I was happy because I managed to complete the race without getting dropped, which last year was routine but this year is an achievement, for me at least! I enjoyed it, the first two laps were fast and on occasion I was breathing through my ears, but the pace settled down after that and some welcome encouragement from Nick at the end of lap 3 (“half way round now, you’ve cracked it”) made all the difference to my fragile confidence!

Gareth
    Participant
    #38951 |

You’re too modest Eleanor! I don’t call coming fourth, hanging on at all! Congratulations, I’d call that a result and would certainly be proud of it. You all looked comfortable from my marshalling position, wished it hadn’t been my turn to marshall as it was a cracking night.

Andy Wood
    Participant
    #38952 |

Yeah I saw the result before, congrats on coming 4th!!!! And congrats to everyone else, sounds like a good night for WVCC.

Eleanor
    Participant
    #38953 |

Thanks chaps but I’m sceptical about the 4th – there was a bit of a blurr of other riders when I went past the finishing line – but I’ll take anything I’m given!

Jules
    Participant
    #38954 |

Thanks El, feeling more and more comfortable in each race, if thats the right word!!!

Looking forward to Oulton Park big time

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Road Racing’ is closed to new topics and replies.