Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Andy Wood
    Participant
    #36795 |

Matt Bottrill had broken the competition record for a 50 with a 1:34:43. Ridiculous!!

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46837 |

Crazy !!

nofear
    Participant
    #46838 |

Yes and guess who pulled his entry to ride a local 100 instead!? Should have known as I’ve done a PB in that 50 every year for the past 3, so it’s always quick.

What about young 17 year old Ben McIntosh from Crewe Clarion and formerly from Leftwich. He came 11th overall with a 1:43:23 which has to be the fastest 50 ever recorded by a Junior. He rang me earlier today to ask if there was any way for the CTT to recognise this as a record so I told him to get his club to raise it at Manchester DC level to be on the agenda for the CTT National AGM. He should get credit for such a fast ride at that distance aged just 17, assuming of course than no other Junior has gone quicker in the past.

It’s amazing how the bar just keeps lifting. It’s not that many years ago that they said that nobody would ever beat 30mph for 10 miles and now the average speed of the 50 record is 32mph and for 10 it’s nearly 35mph.

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #46839 |

out of interest, which coarse is this?

nofear
    Participant
    #46840 |

Jim,
    The course used for this event was the A50/6 which starts at Etwall and then covers the Blythe Bridge course and turns left at McDonalds island and goes down to JCB and back to Etwall, much quicker than the J5/12 which the Manchester Wheelers use in September as you have Concrete Mountain closer to the start and not right at the finish as on the J5/12.
    If you get the chance the Manchester Wheelers is a good event to ride.

Cheers
    Caroline

Alistair
    Participant
    #46841 |

I was blown away by this time. Unreal !!

When I tried to explain to some guys at work that this record had been broken they just didn’t believe me. 32 mph…on a bike…..for 50 miles…..no way….not possible!

Aren’t humans brilliant!!! 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Time Trial’ is closed to new topics and replies.