Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Alistair
    Participant
    #37146 |

Any news on when and where for the club champs 25 TT?? 🙂

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #47905 |

29th July J2/9.

nofear
    Participant
    #47906 |

It was posted in the blog on 14th March together with all other dates for the Year Al. It’s on course J2/9 on 29th July at the usual time meeting at Shakerley car park.

We will need a few volunteers to help marshall the course and I suggest that we all ride to the start together as some may get lost. The start is approximately 5 miles from Shakerley. Alternatively we could ride the Penny’s Lane King St 25 course that Chris Gilbertson is using for the WVCC Open 25 in August. The start of that course is less than 1 mile from Shakerley and a similar distance back from the finish. My vote is to use that course as we could run out of daylight for J2/9. Some people are worried about traffic onm King St but at 7Pm it is not very busy and I don’t see an issue.

Please let me have your views on the course as I will have to put a police form in if we decide to change the course.

Thanks

Dave

JimDuffy
    Participant
    #47907 |

I am happy with either Dave, although I suppose my preference would be king street as it would make a nice change from the j2/9

JimW
    Participant
    #47908 |

King St for me as its easier to marshal [I’m hoping my lad will come out].. but announce the decision this week..[also I am prepared to put direction arrows out on the King St course the day before and collect them the day after]

Jules
    Participant
    #47909 |

Hi,

I won’t be riding so doesn’t matter to me.

I feel the club has a duty of care to its members and we shouldn’t be running a TT on King St. It’s busy enough at weekends, to have it on an evening in the week is madness. Just my own opinion!!!

JimW
    Participant
    #47910 |

@Jules wrote:

Hi,

I won’t be riding so doesn’t matter to me.

I feel the club has a duty of care to its members and we shouldn’t be running a TT on King St. It’s busy enough at weekends, to have it on an evening in the week is madness. Just my own opinion!!!

I have similar opinions of the J2/9, I think the road from Goostrey to Chelford and more worryingly the road from Chelford to Seven Sisters is really busy .. to be fair, any road is hazardous.

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #47911 |

Either course is fine as far as I’m concerned. Marshalling and signage is probably key.
    Traffic we have to contend with as Jim suggests, and I think that previous traffic studies on the King St course haven’t produced results to suggest that the volume or speed is any worse than other courses (I stand to be corrected Dave – as you know more about the assessments than I).

nofear
    Participant
    #47912 |

I carried out a traffic count 4 years ago and King Street fell well within guidelines and the Manchester District has no issues using this road at any time. As Jim points out all roads have potential hazards but individuals choose whether or not they want to ride upon them. King Street is very straight and offers excellent visibility and I have never felt vulnerable when riding along it. Weaver Valley CC will be promoting an open TT on this course in August, nobody has raised any objections to this and a Police Notification from has been submitted and acknowledged so I see no issues with this course.

Jules
    Participant
    #47913 |

@nofear wrote:

I carried out a traffic count 4 years ago and King Street fell well within guidelines and the Manchester District has no issues using this road at any time. As Jim points out all roads have potential hazards but individuals choose whether or not they want to ride upon them. King Street is very straight and offers excellent visibility and I have never felt vulnerable when riding along it. Weaver Valley CC will be promoting an open TT on this course in August, nobody has raised any objections to this and a Police Notification from has been submitted and acknowledged so I see no issues with this course.

4 years ago!!!

nofear
    Participant
    #47914 |

Nothing has changed in 4 years and the traffic count was way below the recommended guidelines. If you’re so concerned then carry out a traffic survey yourself rather than posting subjective views on an open forum. I can send you a traffic survey form and you can go and sit in a lay-by on King Street for a few hours and tick off numbers of cars and lorries as I did. Believe me the volumes you may expect to see are far from the limits set down by the Governing Body.

Now can we drop this thread please.

Thanks

Dave

Jules
    Participant
    #47915 |

Remind me not to give my opinion again, after being asked

AdyJapp
    Keymaster
    #47916 |

Evening all,

As moderator, I’ve just moved this topic to members only and locked it. Don’t want this out in the wild for public to see.

Cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘25 Club Champs TT’ is closed to new replies.