Knutsford, Cheshire West and Chester WA16
WVCC Club 10s 2021 – Solo 1st event – WVCC members only
For new club riders, just come along and have a go. It’s all about you and the clock, and measuring your own performance. It’s therefore open to all club members, no matter what you ability or level of fitness.
Meet in Shakerley Mere Car Park in Northwich Road (B5082) at 18:30 to sign on. First rider to start line at 19:00.
Course: JC19 pay £4 per WVCC rider at https://paypal.me/pools/c/8yMGXRr5Qs no later than midnight on the Monday before this event.
Start: On B5082 (Pennys Lane, Lach Dennis) at far exit of Threeways Garage. (OS SJ712720)
Proceed east along Pennys Lane to meet the A50.
Turn left along A50 and travel north to the junction with B5081.
Turn left along B5081 (Middlewich Road), and proceed to the
Finish: On the B5081, at a ‘Crossroads’ warning road sign, approx 100m before the junction with Wash Lane. (OS SJ736719)
Given the current restrictions, we do have to make some important changes to the way we run the events this year.
Please read these below. These notes are important.
1. This year’s events are open only to paid up WVCC club members (1st or 2nd Claim).
2. For each event, held on Wednesday evenings, we will not be accepting cash payment, but you will be able to pay via Paypal at any time up to midnight on the Monday immediately before the event. If you have not paid, you will not be riding. The fee is £4 per event. You can pay this here at https://paypal.me/pools/c/8yMGXRr5Qs.
If for exceptional circumstances you cannot start on the Wednesday evening, your payment will be carried over for one week only. As this is quite an administrative overhead for the club, the fee will not be returned after this.
3. Upon arriving at Shakerley Mere Car Park, you MUST NOT gather in groups of more than 6 and MUST observe social distancing.
4. When signing on, you must bring your own pen to sign on with.
5. When you have your number, you musy leave the signing on area and return to your vehicle to prepare to ride. You must pin your own number on and not ask for assistance from others, unless the other person is someone from the same household.
6. Please do not arrive at the start area too early. No earlier than 5 minutes before your start time.
7. You will NOT be allowed congregate on the garage forecourt.
8. When lining up to start. Maintain social distancing from the rider in front.
9. You will start from a ‘foot-down’ position rather than having your saddle/seat post held whilst clipped in.
10. When you have finished the event, stop in Wash Lane, unpin your number and place it into the receptacle provided. You will be directed to the location to drop off your number. DO NOT hand your number to anyone else or ask for assistance in unpinning your number, unless the other person is someone from the same household..
11. No times will be available at the finish. DO NOT approach the timekeeper for your time. They will be published later on Facebook.
12. After the event, you MUST NOT gather in groups of more than 6 and MUST observe social distancing. You must leave for hom as soon as is resonably practicable.
13. The start and finish of each event will be marshalled. Any infringements of the above rules or those which contravene general COVID-19 restrictions may mean that you are asked to leave the event.
Thanks for your understanding.