Well, ladies and gents, it’s nearly here. Not Christmas; Llanberis.
You will all by now have had your email from Jim with the finer details and arrangements, now here is the route, followed by a few key notes about the weekend. Please read them.
**Please note that there appears to be a bug present on Garmin Connect, where the start and finish of some routes are reversed. If, when you follow the link, the start of day 1 shows as Llanberis, then utilise the ‘Reverse’ button before sending to your device**
Key notes to take in:
Organising Llanberis takes time and effort, please respect this, and follow the guidance given – as follows. Llanberis this year is over subscribed, so value the place that you have!
- Please ensure that you have read the document that Jim has distributed. There is lots of useful information there for you.
- Please do arrive on time on Saturday – i.e. at 07:30. This gives a chance for van packing, waving to loved ones(!), and being organised into your group. Jim will re-iterate the group you are in on the day.
- DO NOT attempt to set off with an earlier group if you have been placed in a later group (i.e. a faster group) n Saturday. We don’t want the faster riders turning up at the cafe before the cafe have had chance to get food ready for us. It doesn’t do you any good either to send extra time cooling off before the 2nd leg, and it saves those who are supporting from having gaps too stretched out on the road.
- Please be responsible on the road. Pay attention to the riders around you. There are a lot of us on the road, especially during the first 30 miles.
- Please look out for those that you find yourself in a group with.
- If you do find that you are with the faster riders, and you get to the junction for Pen-Y-Pass before 14:30, then you are welcome to add an extra 25 mile loop on to the day if you wish. The route is at this link: An extra 25, are you mad? (Check the start and finish points as above before sending to your Garmin.)
- On Sunday, again, as with Saturday, do not leave until the time that you are instructed to leave at. This helps us manage the group, the times that you arrive at the cafe, and the time that you arrive back at Hartford.
- Enjoy it. It’s a great weekend!