This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Long Run 4th Octobe...

Notifications
Clear all

Long Run 4th October - Prees

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@colinwood-72)
Topic starter  

A view from the rear.....

I was completely inspired by John's plan last week, and so for my chance to imitate.

The ride was a gentle flat run, in reverse from the usual route, to Prees at a reasonable pace. The weather was fantastic with several deciding to wear shorts.....

So the scene is set and we headed towards Holmes Chapel, onto Goostrey and through Somerford where there was a run in the opposite direction, with plenty of the runners offering hello's, waves and good natured cheering.

So on and through the beautiful countryside of Cheshire to Shropshire where plenty of classic cars were achieving a last run out for summer, and on to the transport cafe in Prees. In the car park there was motorcycle exhibition. But then it always appears that there's a motorcycle event at the very reasonably priced truck stop. Fuelled by stodgy treacle pudding, or a variation of egg, beans and toast off we went through Whitchurch, Bunbury and beyond. 

It was here I thought I'd seek to copy 'the plan'. Up every hill I tried to escape. The landscape was rolling and just on the cusp of autumnal, the trees about to lay a patchwork blanket and the sun casting long shadows. And me, riding up the 'Col d'Sleeping Policeman' and 'l'Alp d'Shropshire Union Canal'. All seamed perfect. 

That is until all conspired to 'push' me on. Tony offering great advice on how to conserve energy. Jules with the tactics of gearing and Mark, Jim, Ewart and others with nutrition advice and encouragement.

So thanks to all,  each run is really  enjoyable and it's no surprise that week after week I keep coming back for more. Two months ago my rides were a few commutes a week combined with an occasional 50 miles. Now I'm (almost) a regular on the long run..... and my legs are catching up! 

(@jules)
Honorable Member

Great to have you with us Colin 😀

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

stick at it Colin, you're doing just fine

ReplyQuote
Share: